8.20.2009

Tomato Vegetable Soup

I've been making a lot of meals in the slow cooker lately, my second favourite appliance. So there have been many soups/chilis/curries. I like slow cookers because you can go off and do something else whilst your meal cooks. The recipe for this is almost a non-recipe, but I wanted to demonstrate how easy it is to make something like this via a slow cooker. It was made even easier by chopping up all the vegetables via the food processor. Oh, the food processor, my favourite appliance, maker of nut butters.

Tomato Vegetable Soup
  • 1 c. cooked kidney beans
  • 2 c. crushed tomatoes
  • 1/4 c. tomato paste
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 1 bunch celery
  • 1 head broccoli
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1 purple onion
  • 1 bulb garlic
  • handful basil leaves
  • tbsp. organo
  • tbsp. cumin
  • 2 c. water
Put the previously listed ingredients in the slow cooker for at least three hours. You've made soup!

No comments: