12.20.2008

Cherry Snowballs

I thought I'd do something Christmassy, so this is my take on the your classic date-nut dessert. :)

Cherry Snowballs
makes 20-25

  • 1 c. almonds
  • 1 c. dates
  • 1 c. dried cherries
  • 1/3 c. shredded coconut
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/8 tsp. salt

In a food processor I blended all the ingredients together, until the almond pieces were the size of the peanut bits you would find in chunky peanut butter. The mixture stuck together but it was not homogeneous. I used a measuring tablespoon much like a melon baller to divide the mixture into balls. I then rolled the balls between my palms to make them even sphericaller.

I put an additional 1/4 c. shredded coconut into a bowl and rolled the balls in it until there were coated. And that's it! Next time I will omit the coconut in the recipe, so that the mixture is it stickier and coconut adheres better to the outside.

No comments: